Tuesday, December 2, 2008

You're So Vain I Bet You Think This Blog Is About You!

This song was in my head this morning and I thought it would be a great blog post title. So if you are reading this because you wanted to know if I was blogging about you....well you're vain! Just kiddin. :)

I was thinking today would have been a great day to curl up on the couch with a great cup of coffee and catch up on a little reading. Maybe I had this thought because I'm currently behind in my reading. I'm presently trying to read the Bible through in 90 days. It has been an incredible journey and at times a little challenging. I once heard someone say that Leviticus was the grave yard for all those people trying to read the bible through in a year and I can say a hearty AMEN! But there are many treasures to be found. Have I understood all that I've read so far... NO! But I do have a little better understanding of a few things. I have lots of questions like...will the children of Isreal ever get it right? HA! That makes me laugh because I'm wondering the same thing about myself!

Why am I doing this? I want to encounter God in a way I've never encountered Him before and what better way to seek Him out than through His Word. One thing for sure it comes straight from Him, no outside influences!

If you would like to check out the Bible in 90 days you can check it out here: http://www.biblein90days.org/

What else is currently on my reading shelf? Pagan Christianity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your committment to reading through the Bible. And yes, Leviticus has put me to sleep many times! I used to get appalled at Abraham for his "errors" then I was immediately convicted because I have the whole counsel of God and I blow it daily!! My reading is consisting of Survey of the New Testament for my Religion Class I am taking in January. Actually pretty interesting....