Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Reflection of Jesus

I saw someone yesterday the LOVED Jesus! I don’t mean talked about loving Jesus but actually really did. He could hardly express with words but everything about him told you how deep his love for Jesus was. He wasn’t fancy, didn’t use the first religious word and didn’t even quote a bunch of scripture. I saw something I don’t ever remember seeing. Did it leave an impression? Oh how it did. This man has no doubt that he loves Jesus and no doubt that Jesus loves him. I can’t get the image out of my mind and I hope I NEVER do.

You see I have had some nagging lingering questions for some time now. I can’t shake them and they seem to be present in some part of every day and they have been for well over a year now. I'm not sure I can even explain my questions or thoughts but it has to do with how our lives don't truly mirror the life of Jesus and how we use a lot of biblical words that we don't really know the meaning let alone live them out. I know we all know a few people that seemingly do but that seems to be the exception instead of the norm. You may think I'm a cynic and maybe that's true. All I know is I don’t see in others, including myself, what I saw in this man yesterday. I do know it’s something I want.

" I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none. Ezekiel 22:30

1 comment:

Terri said...

I found your blog through the Preacher's Wife. I saw on your shelf that you had Terri Blackstock's Cape Refuge. What a good book. The whole series is great.

Your post is right on. I too have a few people that just spill out Jesus. I, like you, often wonder if I come even close to reflecting Jesus in my life. Thank you for a thought provoking post.